Some Recent Regret Buys

by - 11:28 AM

In my opinion, its not ethical blogging if its only featuring all good products and not talking about some bad products coz lets face it there's as much crap out there as there is good stuff and everyone gets to use them once in a while no matter how careful we are and research a lot before buying stuff.  And when we're not talking about them it just means that we're selfish and by withholding that kind of information we're not being fair to our readers, in fact it means we're being more fair to brands and that we're just writing our blogs to earn money, and free products, coz trust me, that's what a lot of them do. Some might argue with the fact that why bother even writing about crap products why not just let them be but I wanna put the word out there about bad products too coz I want to help people save their money. And when I say "bad products" it means "products that have not worked for me". These products might have worked very well for some others (or maybe they're just lying coz they're compensated for it or something) coz each of us has different skin types, and tolerance for products but they did nothing for me. And its only fair to talk equally about both good and bad products in the same way, that's just the way everything is in life, and its totally justifiable.

So in the past few months, though I have not used much makeup, I did try out some bath and skincare products and these two are something that I really regret buying. Now they are not costly, coz I got them at drugstore and one of them, the VO5 shampoo, is just a $ but nonetheless I did pay something for it and if it didn't work for me then I'm going to rant about it.

This is my first VO5 shampoo and I seriously don't remember why I picked it up, must have been an impulsive buy coz its only 99cents. I was sure that it wouldn't work but still I picked up a moisturizing one from the herbal escapes line in the flavor Free me Freesia thinking it wouldn't at least wreck my frizzy hair. But nooooo, I was totally wrong, this thing is as moisturizing as an exfoliating scrub. For something that says moisturizing and rich formula on its label, it stripped my hair and scalp off all the moisture and left it feeling itchy. The formula also doesn't look rich either, its a thick gel kind of shampoo with no hint of anything moisturizing about it. I have to use a ton of conditioner after using this and still my scalp feels off and more sensitive than ever. The smell is nothing gr8 too, its just meh. This shampoo is utter rubbish, don't buy it. I don't know if the other flavors are any good but I'm not going to bother anyways, its crap.

I was recommended the Summer's Eve Simply Sensitive Cleansing Wash for sensitive skin by my GP, and to think a doctor would know something about what might work for us after doing all examinations/testing, and co-pay, is to think pigs can fly. Seriously, this stuff did nothing better than a normal soap would do. And it is clearly shown in the back that it is meant for washing down there and keeping it PH balanced and clean. It is also dermatologist and gynecologist tested/recommended. First off, its a clear white gel that's sticky and has some medicine kind of smell, though that doesn't bother me much it might be off to some. For something that's supposed to PH balance, it leaves my skin as dry after the wash as it is before, no change at all. I don't know how much of cleaning it does coz even after using it religiously regularly I did get some kind of bacterial infection down there which I never got in my life before. So if you ask me, don't buy this shit, stick with your soap/wash or whatever you use to clean down there.

Did any of you buy these products and had similar experience or have they totally worked for you? Please do let me know.

Hope this post helped you.

Keep Smiling :)
xoxo

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. I definitely agree about the shampoo, not my favorite one! xo

    http://cashmereandcrimson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I don't know what I was thinking while buying it.

      Delete
  2. Very much love what you said about Ethical Blogging! I think blogging about regret buys is just as important about writing about our favorites! I had tried V05 shampoos before & thought they were "ehhh" at best! Their conditioners tho make for some AWESOME shaving cream! XO Doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweets :) I was actually expecting some negative comments on my rant about ethical blogging but guess everyone feels the same way as me :) .. I have to try the VO5 conditioners. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi...I have an award for you on my blog :)
    http://ray-connect.blogspot.in/2012/09/blog-diary-05082012-15092012-sunshine.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried the Vo5 too and I didn't like it too. It left my hair so dry and hard which makes it hard for me to comb it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, its more like a dry shampoo even though it mentions moisturizing on it.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :) Let me know what you think about this post or my blog. I'd love to hear from you.