Skip to main content

Tag: Most Used Summer Things

I've been tagged by the lovely Aly, one of my favorite bloggers. Without further ado, listed below are my most used summer things.


 MOST USED NAIL POLISH
Tough one! I just love a lot of colors for summer and I definitely have more nail polishes than the number of weeks in summer, so there's no one most used nail polish, but I'll pick my fave of them all, which is, the Wet n Wild mega last salon nail color in I Need A Refresh-Mint.


I also recently found out that my review of this polish has been posted on the Wet n Wild VIP members' blog. This nail polish, hands down, has the best formula, and staying power as far as drugstore polishes go, and the color is the most gorgeous mint I've ever seen. I most definitely enjoyed having it both on my hands and toes during this summer.

MOST USED PERFUME/SCENT
I've been using two actually, alternating them every single day this summer coz that's how much I like these both. The Victoria's Secret Pure Seduction, and Bath & Body Works Be Enchanted. They're both sweet and fruity scented and they smell like perfumes.


I got them both during the semi-annual sales, for great prices, but even if they were regularly priced I would have gotten them, they're just worth it.

MOST USED LIP PRODUCT
I've not been wearing any makeup during the summer. So the only lip product I used was Vaseline, and sometimes a Nivea lip balm.


MOST USED MASCARA
I am always trying out new mascaras and currently, I'm using the CoverGirl lash blast volume. It gives good volume with a little bit of length. Overall it was a pretty good mascara and I might buy it again.


MOST USED BLUSH
Definitely my NARS Orgasm blush. I only wear this all through the year ever since I discovered it. This blush just looks natural on me and gives me just the right amount of color without looking made up. I think it would look good on anyone since it's such a universally flattering color. And no, no matter what anyone says, this blush cannot be duped.


MOST USED EYESHADOW
I don't wear a lot of makeup daily. Right now, I am testing out the Coastal Scents pallette but I haven't used it that much. To be honest I feel like the shades are a bit chalky and difficult to blend out. It's good that you get so many shades for less price but it's really not worth it IMO. Save your money and splurge when you have enough to buy an expensive one.


MOST USED FOUNDATION
My most worn this summer is the Maybelline Dream matte powder. I just love it so much that I also got a backup. Not the most long-lasting powder ever but it gives a very nice matte airbrush finish that looks great on camera without looking cakey.


MOST USED HAIR PRODUCT
I have two which I've been using a lot this summer. The Schwarzkopf Smoothing Lustre Lotion, and the Parachute Therapie hair oil (I got this one from my last India trip. We Indians just cannot live without oiling our hair regularly). They're both great products and totally worth the money.


So those are all of my summer faves. Hope you enjoyed reading this lengthy post. Please feel free to do this tag if you like it. Hope you all had a great summer!

Comments

  1. wow !! luvd d nail paint color !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl! Thanks for putting a link to my blog! U are way to kind to me! I loved ur post! I adore green tea ice-cream! Have you ever had fried green ice cream??? It's to die for! I was debating getting the Coastal Scents 26 eyeshadow blush palette... i have a few of their pallets. I think you convinced me! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm fried green tea ice cream sounds tempting, never saw it anywhere but I will be on the hunt. The CS 26 palette is not a great palette compared to its warm, metal, and shimmer palettes, they're supposed to be of better quality and if you have those you don't really need this coz the colors might be the same. I suggest you go for their blush palette which has like 10 or 12 blushes.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love green tea ice cream! I had some it in Indonesia this summer, it tasted amazing.

    That Geneva watch is really cute! xo

    http://cashmereandcrimson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep green tea ice cream is the best! Thanks :) xo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Let me know what you think about this post or my blog. I'd love to hear from you.

Popular posts from this blog

Top 12 Things to Buy from Kruidvat own Brand

 We've been seeing inflation here in the Netherlands since October last year. It's just plain ridiculous to see something that I paid 5 euros for a few months back is now around 7 euros or maybe more. That doesn't sound like a lot but when you buy about 50 things (food, groceries, toiletries, etc.) for your house, it all adds up and overall you are paying 50 to 100 euros more than what you were paying previously. But unfortunately, not a lot of us have seen this increase in our pay and many people have even lost jobs during and after the covid crisis. So it's only natural for us to want to save our money wherever we can. But that said we also do not want to compromise on quality. And that is where the idea for this post comes from. Kruidvat is a drugstore that is similar to CVS/Walgreens in the US. Products sold here are mostly hygiene products, cleaning supplies, makeup, and over-the-counter medicines. I have been shopping here for hygiene products for years. By now I

April 2012 Favorites and Regrets

I can't believe April has already come to an end. I can't say I'm sorry either because this means less rain, more blossoms, and summer in another month. So without further ado, I present to you this month's beauty and makeup favorites. For those I've reviewed I have linked them to the blog post. For the rest of them, I left short reviews of why I did or didn't like them. As you can see there are quite a few things I've been liking this month. The list of all things beauty I've been loving/using frequently are: (in left to right order) Aussie Instant Freeze Hair Spray Extreme Hold: This product is just wow. The windy city can be brutal to hair and this product is really a blessing. It's easy to use and smells great. It's not too expensive and comes in a huge bottle. Clairol Herbal Essences Hydralicious Reconditioning Conditioner Jergens Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Moisturizer: I first got introduced to this lotion when I was in India and

5 Things that Did Not Work for Me to Lose Weight with Hypothyroid/PCOS

 I have been suffering and dealing with Hypothyroid/PCOS for about a decade now. Weight gain is one of the main problems of people struggling with these two chronic illnesses. I have tried a lot of things to reduce weight and over the years I have been through many trials and tribulations and made many mistakes in the process of trying to lose weight.  The following tips come from my experience and these are mistakes you might want to avoid if weight loss is your goal with Hypothyroid/PCOS. Counting calories : Like many others, I bought into the belief that by counting calories and limiting my calorie intake I would be able to lose weight. But this is a very bad way to start because it gives you the idea that you can eat anything and everything as long as you are limiting your calorie intake. And since most foods like junk, and ready-made foods that you buy at the supermarket come with a lot of calories, I used to overall eat very less, not get enough nutrition, starve myself, and then