Tag: This or That

by - 11:59 AM

I first saw this tag on Elle Fowler's channel here, back in 2010 when I was just getting into collecting makeup, and watching youtube beauty videos, and spent hours watching them like crazy. I came across her, and her sister when I was searching for some tutorial, and she's become one of my favorite youtube gurus since then. Back then I did not have a blog and I didn't probably even know what this tagging business is all about but recently Aly from Life With Aly, one of my fave beauty bloggers and beauty bonding buddy, did this tag on her blog and tagged everybody, so I thought its the right time to do it. This is the first tag post on my blog, hope you guys like it.

Aly did only the makeup part of the tag but there's actually a lot more of this tag which I'll do coz I think its interesting and fun. Sorry if you find it too lengthy, or boring.

MAKEUP:
Blush or Bronzer: Blush coz I use bronzer only for contouring when I'm being photographed just so that I don't end up with the moon face, especially with all that makeup. But normally I just like blush. I never use bronzer all over face coz I tried it and I just end up looking muddy. And anyways, I'm from India, I don't need no bronzer; I'm tanned pretty good to last for a lifetime.
Lip gloss or Lipstick: Before I started watching youtube I would've said lip gloss but I recently started using lipsticks and I kinda like them, so Lipstick. I do still love lip glosses though.
Eye liner or Mascara: Mascara coz I have short and stubby lashes.
Foundation or Concealer: Concealer coz I don't really need heavy coverage and I just use powder foundation after concealing.
Neutral or Color Eye Shadow: Neutral always, they're just something which can be worn on any occasion, day or night.
Pressed or Loose Eye Shadows: Definitely Pressed coz loose powders or eyeshadows can get all over the place/face.
Brushes or Sponges: Brushes, since I don't use liquid foundation which is usually what requires a sponge. Also for everything else you need brushes, how the hell will anyone apply blush/eyeshadow with a sponge? silly question if you ask me.

NAILS:
OPI or China Glaze: None really but if I have to choose one, then OPI.
Long or Short: Short, I'm not a great fan of vampy looking nails.
Acrylic or Natural: Natural, I hate fake nails coz they're so fake looking, duh!
Brights or Darks: Darks, brights don't suit my skin tone so well and neither do pastels.
Flower or no flower: If by that they meant nail art, then no flower, I'm not a great nail artist so never indulge in nail art.

BODY:
Perfume or Body Splash: Body Splash/Spray coz I think perfume can come off too strong and you only need it when you require something to stay for a long time or maybe when you're dressing up for some special occasion.
Lotion or Body Butter: Body butter coz I feel lotion has certain amount of water in it which can be drying sometimes, unlike body butter which is all cream.
Body Wash or Soap: No special liking here, but I use Soap. Although, body wash is supposed to more hygienic.
Lush or other bath company: Bath and Body Works, and The Body Shop.

FASHION:
Jeans or Sweat Pants: Jeans. sweat pants? really?
Long sleeve or Short: Tough coz I love cardigans more than t-shirts but you can't wear cardigans/jackets in all seasons. So I guess I'll pick short for summers and long for other seasons.
Dresses or Skirts: Skirts, I don't look good in dresses.
Stripes or Plaid: Stripes, I don't like no check box designs on my outfit or anywhere else.
Flip Flops or Sandals: Sandals, flip flops in my opinion, are only for the beach.
Scarves or Hats: Scarves always, I love hats but they don't love me.
Studs or Dangly earrings: Studs. I don't like anything that weighs my ears down.
Necklaces or Bracelets: Bracelets, and I've always been a bracelet/bangle lover ever since I was a kid. I just prefer accessorizing my neck with scarves more than with necklaces.
Heels or Flats: Call me boring or un-stylish or whatever, but I'm just practical and I'll pick flats any day. Heels are only for certain special occasions.
Cowboy boots or Riding boots: Riding boots, I'll probably look silly wearing cowboy boots, I think anybody would, wouldn't they?
Jacket or Hoodie: Jacket, I wear hoodies as jackets too coz I never use the hoodie part, unless its raining or something and I don't have my umbrella.
Forever 21 or Charlotte Russe: Tough one but Forever 21.
Abercombie or Hollister: Hollister, never liked A&F, dunno why.
Saks 5th or Nordstrom: Nordstrom, and Nordstrom Rack, love 'em.

HAIR:
Curly or Straight: I have naturally curly hair so though I crave for straight hair, it requires painful straightening so I'll pick Curly.
Bun or Ponytail: Ponytail, I feel like bun makes me look older than I am.
Bobby pins or Butterfly clips: None but if I'll have to pick one then butterfly clips coz I use them to hold up my hair during extremely hot summers.
Hair spray or Gel: Spray, coz gel is so messy n yucky
Long or Short: Long, I look downright ugly in short hair coz I have a round face.
Light or Dark: Dark, I don't see myself going blonde anytime soon.
Side Sweep bangs or Full bangs: Though I'd love to try Zooey Deschanel's full bangs I don't think I'll look as cute as her, in fact the opposite, but side swept bangs really help my broad forehead so love them.
Up or Down: Down, it just makes me look like I have some hair beyond my large forehead.

RANDOM:
Rain or Shine: Shine, who loves rain really, we can't go out or do anything.
Summer or Winter: I like snowfall but only for maybe a few days, 6 months of snowfall is no fun so I'll pick Summer.
Fall or Spring: I know spring is all about blossoms and new beginnings, harvest and all but I like fall, its just such perfect weather, no rains, and all the fall colors are so amazing, and I can wear my boots, scarves, and jackets, love it.
Chocolate or Vanilla: Chocolate, I don't know how vanilla is even a flavor, it just tastes like sweetened cream to me.
East coast or West coast: Well, I live in the Central USA but I'd love to live in the West Coast coz it has California.

So that's the entire tag. Phew! it was tiring. I hope you had fun reading it. Now its your turn, I tag YOU, yes whoever is reading this, consider yourself tagged. If you have a blog, just blog it and send me a link to your post, or you can just do it in the comments section below. Its fun and we can get to know more about each other.

Keep Smiling :)
xoxo

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hey Hun! Looove the post! Didn't know there was more than makeup to it!!! Love all the deets - we get to really know u!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I had fun doing it, Thanks for tagging everyone :) xo

      Delete
  2. Love the post hun! Had no idea there was more to the this or that tag than makeup! I luv it! U have inspired me to do it again.... Complete this time! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see you do the complete post, can't wait for it! xoxo

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :) Let me know what you think about this post or my blog. I'd love to hear from you.