Skip to main content

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color 420 Pacific Blue Review and Swatches

This is my first Sally Hansen nail polish and normally I wouldn't have gotten it either except for the fact that it's under $3 and the color of this particular shade is something quite unique.


The color is such a beautiful bright blue and just perfect for summer. I love the bottle shape, looks cute, except that the metal cap gets all smudgy with fingerprints. The back clearly shows the ingredients and it is always good to know that what you're buying is toxin-free. The brush is nothing great, just your average regular nail polish brush.


The swatches, just look at that amazing color, OMG! The first one is in natural light and the second in flashlight.


Can I say again that the color is OOMPH! OK I'll stop now. The color looks like a cornflower blue. In certain lights, it looks bluer and in certain lights, it looks like a purple-blue.

The formula however is not like I expected it to be. Sally Hansen nail polishes are really famous so I kind of had high expectations. First off, it has a weird smell, nothing like the regular usual nail polish smell. I did not get a bad one coz I went back and checked the other bottles/colors and they all smelt like this. The polish is so thick and creamy that it almost goops up while applying and if you keep the bottle open all the while until you finish painting all your nails, it keeps getting goopier. After applying, the polish takes forever to dry. I thought the first coat dried because when I touched it, it didn't transfer to my fingers but when I went on to apply the second coat I found some bubbling going on. And after applying two coats it kind of has a bouncy thing going on, kind of like the Maybelline dream bouncy blush :D and if you press hard you can get your fingerprints stamped on it.

You just need one coat for opaque color but honestly, I don't think one coat will last long so I went with two. You need to wait several hours in between coats. I gave it a good 3 hours for each coat. Seriously, who has that much time to sit with their hands on laps and not do anything? But after you apply 2 coats, and once the nail polish dries completely which is like forever, I think it is "hard as nails", it does stay on for 3-5 (depending on how much you use your hands to work) days with very minimal chipping. Also, the polish doesn't chip but peels off like thick paint would and it peels off in chunks. A single coat however chips off fast even if you give it a day to dry. Even with a topcoat, I cannot assure you that it wouldn't peel off just as quickly.

Overall if you can forgive all of these flaws you can get to sport the most gorgeous color ever. It's just $2.99 at Walgreens/CVS so it will not set you back by much. I recommend this to anyone who likes the most gorgeous blue color and doesn't really mind the somewhat difficult-to-use formula. I however will not be repurchasing it, coz I just do not have the patience.

Hope this review helped you.

Overall Rating: B

Comments

  1. Oh Thanks :) I'm honored..will chk your blog for the deets :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Let me know what you think about this post or my blog. I'd love to hear from you.

Popular posts from this blog

Top 12 Things to Buy from Kruidvat own Brand

 We've been seeing inflation here in the Netherlands since October last year. It's just plain ridiculous to see something that I paid 5 euros for a few months back is now around 7 euros or maybe more. That doesn't sound like a lot but when you buy about 50 things (food, groceries, toiletries, etc.) for your house, it all adds up and overall you are paying 50 to 100 euros more than what you were paying previously. But unfortunately, not a lot of us have seen this increase in our pay and many people have even lost jobs during and after the covid crisis. So it's only natural for us to want to save our money wherever we can. But that said we also do not want to compromise on quality. And that is where the idea for this post comes from. Kruidvat is a drugstore that is similar to CVS/Walgreens in the US. Products sold here are mostly hygiene products, cleaning supplies, makeup, and over-the-counter medicines. I have been shopping here for hygiene products for years. By now I

April 2012 Favorites and Regrets

I can't believe April has already come to an end. I can't say I'm sorry either because this means less rain, more blossoms, and summer in another month. So without further ado, I present to you this month's beauty and makeup favorites. For those I've reviewed I have linked them to the blog post. For the rest of them, I left short reviews of why I did or didn't like them. As you can see there are quite a few things I've been liking this month. The list of all things beauty I've been loving/using frequently are: (in left to right order) Aussie Instant Freeze Hair Spray Extreme Hold: This product is just wow. The windy city can be brutal to hair and this product is really a blessing. It's easy to use and smells great. It's not too expensive and comes in a huge bottle. Clairol Herbal Essences Hydralicious Reconditioning Conditioner Jergens Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Moisturizer: I first got introduced to this lotion when I was in India and

Some Recent Regret Buys

In my opinion, it's not ethical blogging if we're only featuring the good and not talking about some bad products because let's face it, there are a lot of crappy products out there. And when we're not talking about them we're withholding important information and we're not being fair to our readers. In fact, it means we're being fairer to brands. It's fine if people want to earn some money through brand deals but it's really not worth it to become a sell-out. Some might say why to bother writing about bad products, why not just let them be, but I want to put the word out there about bad products too because I want to help people like me save some money. Please note that when I say "bad products" it means "products that have not worked for me". However, these products might have worked very well for some others because each of us has different skin types and tolerance for products and it's totally OK. In the past few months,