10 Summer Essentials and Must-Haves

by - 10:13 AM

Have been meaning to do this for a while now, and finally I got a list up on Polyvore yesterday and today I'm gonna share my ten summer essentials and must-haves with you guys. Sorry if you don't see more makeup here coz I usually avoid heavy makeup during summers.

Summer Essentials and Must-Haves


In no particular order/brand, these are what I consider a must during summer months for some sanity against the heat.

Sunglasses: Nothing like those sunny shades during summer months. You don't want your eyes to start burning due to the excess heat/temperature nor do you want to get age lines fast, so its always good to grab your sunglasses before you head out. Not sure what type you need? Then check out some suggestions by a beauty blogger buddy Aly here, she blogs at LifeWithAly go check hers out, and a few of my suggestions here. Always remember, the larger the sunglasses, the more area around your eyes they will protect and that is always good. Don't be shy to try large frames, they are in fact, quite chic.

Sunscreen: When you think of summer, the first thing that you get on your mind is sunscreen. I think by now we all know the usefulness of wearing a sunscreen with at least spf 30 in order to protect ourselves from the harmful UV rays. Just look for a sunscreen which is oil-free, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and fragrance free. Aveeno, Neutrogena, and Hawaiian Tropic have some good options.

Lip Balm with SPF: You need to protect your lips too and a lip balm with spf-15 or 20 should be enough for that. Blistex, ChapStick, EOS, and many other such lip balm brands do come out with spf based lip balms for summers, check them out.

Bright Nail Color: Nothing like a bright nail color for your nails during summers. They're just so pretty and summery, while making you look well groomed. I like the Sally Hansen Xtreme Nail Color in Pacific Blue. Check it out at Walgreens or CVS. Also check out Sinful Colors Pull Over. These 2 shades have been my neons for summer this year. They're not too neony, but they're bright enough to pass as bright summer nail colors and I love them.

Bronzer: I'm more of a blush/highlighter girl but I do love wearing some glowing bronzer to contour now and then during summers. NYC, Rimmel London, Wet n Wild, Physicains Formula and many other drugstore brands, make good bronzers. Check 'em out.

Waterproof Mascara: If you like wearing mascara then opt for waterproof mascara during summers. Maybelline has some good ones.

Sandals: I love sandals more than flip-flops coz they look so chic and can make your outfit look like you've really planned it. I'm loving my Charlotte Russe sandals currently.

Shorts: I prefer white cotton shorts during summers. I do like wearing maxi dresses but I just want my legs to breathe and even the minimum of fabric sometimes makes me feel congested during very hot months. I found a cute pair at Target which I'm loving.

Floppy Hat: Oh yes, this is a must to protect your head from all that heat. Also make sure your hair cream/spray has SPF, if you use it.

Swim Suit: Call me old fashioned but I'm not a fan of 2 piece bikinis, they are just not flattering on me. I love a good one piece and it can act as a tank top as well, when going to the beach. This way, you just need your swim suit, and a pair of shorts to complete your clothing for beach days.

So those are my picks. What about you guys, what are your summer essentials? let me know in the comments below, or leave a link to your blog post if you have it, I'd love to check it out.

Also check out Kayla's Summer Beauty Essentials on Kate's Beauty Blog. Loved her picks and I would pick them too. Love both their blogs, make sure you check em out: Kayla blogs here, and Kate blogs here.

Hope you're all having a great and safe summer.

Keep Smiling :)
xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for dropping by :) Let me know what you think about this post or my blog. I'd love to hear from you.