Fun Summer Lip Combos

by - 9:45 AM

Like I mentioned in my previous post I found a way for my Maybelline Color Sensational Pearls lipstick in Luminous Lilac to work and that was when I paired it with another one of my not so flattering lip colors from the Wet n Wild megalast range. I think everyone does lip combos once in a while. Its not only fun but we also get to explore what kind of color combinations look good on us and invent new colors, and also make people believe that we have a lipstick collection more than we actually own. Also, why buy a similar shade of lipstick when we can get the same with a lip combo ;).

So here's how I paired my Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color in Sugar Plum Fairy, which was a very dark and vampy looking shade on my already dark pigmented lips, with my Maybelline Color Sensational Pearls lipstick in Luminous Lilac which you saw a review of in my previous post, just below this one. I first applied the Wet n Wild lip color by just dabbing it on my lips for a wash of light color, and then evened it out with my fingers, you can also use a lip brush, then I applied the Maybelline lipstick generously (2 to 3 swipes) on top of it, again, you can use a lip brush if you do not want the previous color to come on to this lipstick, for me, I don't mind coz this is the only way I can see myself using this lipstick as of now.

What a change of color right? and doesn't it look pretty? I think so, and the shade looks pretty on me too. The two shades applied seperately didn't look that flattering on me or my skin tone but them combined together gave a very nice shimmery pink shade of lip color that I've never seen before and even if I did now, I wouldn't buy it coz I can get the same with this lip combo. What do you guys think?

And there was yet another lip combo that I've been loving. I paired my Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color in Wine Room with a Wet n Wild Megaslick Lipgloss in Rose Gold (not currently available) just to tone down the brightness of the semi-matte lipstick and give it some glossy shine along with some moisture. Also the lipgloss alone was not that flattering on me but now I found a way to make them both work better with this fun combo.

I'm loving this combo coz I'm a little shy with wearing bold n bright lip colors so I usually like to tone them down with something and in this case found the perfect gloss for it. Also, this way I found a way for the gloss to work and supply some moisture to my lips. Smart, eh?

I have been rocking these two lip combos this summer and will definitely repeat them. What do you guys think? Do you have any such fun lip combos to share with me this summer? What do you do when certain lipsticks don't work for you? Please do let me know in the comments below, I wanna hear from you.

Hope you enjoyed this post and everybody's enjoying their summer as well, wherever you are.

Keep Smiling :)
xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for dropping by :) Let me know what you think about this post or my blog. I'd love to hear from you.