Maybelline Color Sensational Pearls Lip Color 715 Luminous Lilac Review and Swatches

by - 12:02 PM

I got this in a CVS haul with another Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick (regular) during a sale. I wasn't as excited after I tried these lipsticks as when I was when buying them. These lipsticks are pretty costly when compared to many other drugstore lipsticks and more so at CVS unless you have a deal on them but I felt like they're not worth the price even if there was a few dollars discount. Anywho, this is how the pearls lip colors look. Unlike the regular color sensational lipsticks they all come in a same color casing.

I really like the packaging of these lipsticks. But that's where my love ends I guess.


The shade looked so pretty when I checked it at store. It looked great in the tube and awesome when swatched on hand. And that's another problem, these lipsticks are not sealed and the store does not carry testers. I was so excited to get it, and as soon as I got home I couldn't wait to try it out. It was horrific, I was like, why do I even bother buying lipsticks anymore? That's how bad it was, it sucked!

The formula is very frosty and made me look ashy. On my lips it just looked like a very pale and light, extremely frosty pinkish lilac. Well, I should have guessed it from the shade name "Luminous Lilac" I guess. The staying power and the everything else about the formula is the same as the regular color sensational lipsticks which isn't impressive either. You can read my previous review here.

Finally, the swatches!

My nude lips
The lipstick in daylight
The lipstick at night
Overall, not a great shade or a product. Will not recommend this to anyone and will never repurchase. In fact I had a good mind to throw it in the waste bin had I not found a way to make it work, which I will explain in another post. Stay tuned!

Overall Rating: D

Keep Smiling :)
xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for dropping by :) Let me know what you think about this post or my blog. I'd love to hear from you.