2012 Cherimoya Cracked Nail Polish Savior Review and Swatches

by - 12:23 PM

This post has been long overdue; I wanted to post it last month! but somehow I just wasn't up to it and kept post poning it. Anywho, am glad I'm finally doing it and letting you know how this affordable cracked nail polish by 2012 Cherimoya has been working for me. This is how the bottle looks; I really liked the shape of the bottle.


Its really nice when cracked nail polish bottles come with the cracked design on them, easier to identify when you're browsing you're way through aisles. Usually with other polishes, the caps show the cracked design but with this brand its different and though I don't really mind, it would have been better if they'd gone with the flow.

The nail polish is an oil-based formula, as shown on the bottle, and hence looks a little goopy and thick to me but while applying it, it goes on smoothly.

The brush is pretty much your average nail polish brush, nothing fancy. All you need is a little amount of the polish and a single coat to get a good cracked effect. I applied it on top of my Wet n Wild MegaLast Nail Color in I need a Refresh-Mint and this is how it looks.

This is my first cracked nail polish and I can't say I'm not pleased with the effect. It dries matte which was a pleasant surprise for me but if you do not like matte finishes you might not like this. I just tried two coats on my thumb to get an idea of how it'd look and I hated it; never try two coats with crackle polishes.

The swatch pictures are after 2 days of wear and hence you can find a white line and tiny cracks at the tips. The thing is, these polishes do not last long. It lasts for 2-3 days tops before starting to crack up and it takes the nail polish below along with it, so that's a good thing I guess. No matter what the lasting power of the nail polish under it, the crackle polish determines it with its own staying power.

All in all, its a nice affordable crackle polish and there a lot of nice colors available to choose from. But it doesn't last long, so if you're looking for super long stay, this is not for you. They cost $2.99 at Walgreens. I'm not sure I'll be repurchasing this nail polish coz I'm not really super impressed. I've also seen a new collection of matte nail polishes from this brand on my recent trip to Walgreens, I think I'll pick some up later.

Has anyone else tried out this brand of cracked polish? Let me know about you're experience.

Overall Rating: B-

Keep Smiling :)
xoxo

You May Also Like

2 comments

Thanks for dropping by :) Let me know what you think about this post or my blog. I'd love to hear from you.