Wet n Wild Megalast Salon Nail Color 218A I Need A Refresh-Mint Review and Swatches

by - 4:11 PM

This spring is all about pastel colors and mint is one such great color that must be embraced by everyone this spring. I for one did that by getting myself the Wet n Wild megalast Nail Color in 218A I Need A Refresh-Mint. This is how these nail polishes look.

The back of the bottle clearly shows the shade name and the ingredients in a peel open sticker. There's the logo of the company embossed on the other two sides. The top shows us that they have introduced a ManiCurve Pro Brush which I must say is very impressive. I really loved the packaging, overall. Looks very chic, sturdy, and promising for a product that is so inexpensive.

The brush is kind of like the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure's and in fact the design looks a little similar too, though I liked the wet n wild's better, even the brush.

 The ingredients as shown in the peel open sticker.

And finally, the juicy part, swatches :).

I really love this shade. I think it is the perfect mint shade I've ever used and it is just perfect for spring/summers. I love how this shade makes my hands look. They look so healthy, and happy.

Here's what the company claims: from wnwbeauty.com
Sophisticated, classic colors beautifully accent any look. Long-lasting, opaque color provides 5 days of chip-resistant wear. A revolutionary resin polymer system creates exceptional color adhesion to nails. This resilient polish is calcium and mineral fortified to rebalance and prevent nail discoloration. Comes with a unique, full-coverage brush that glides on smooth for one-stroke application. Toluene, phthalate, and formaldehyde free.

Application was very easy and didn't get messy. If you see any messiness in the picture its because I'm a little awkward with applying nail polishes. One coat gives a very good opaque and rich color. I applied two coats and it dried pretty fast. I love the creamy smooth texture of this nail polish. And it is so long lasting, it lasted me a week even though I'm working with my hands constantly and even after that there was very less chipping which cannot be really noticed. You don't really need a base/top coat unless you want to use one. I don't know how it works to avoid nail discoloration but I love the fact that it is calcium and mineral infused and can do that. I know I could do with some calcium as my nails are prone to breaking very easily.

All in all, an excellent product for such less price. I got it for $1 at Walgreens in a promotional sale that is still on. There's 0.45 oz (13.5 ml) of product and that should last for a long time. I recommend this to anyone who's a nail polish lover and would like to try mint shades. I'll repurchase this once its over and also other shades from this collection.

I hope this review helps you to decide whether to buy this product or not.

Update: I came to know that this shade is a dupe for China Glaze For Audrey but I cannot say for sure coz I never used China Glaze.

Overall Rating: A++

Keep Smiling :)
xoxo

You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. liked the color bt such cool colors wont suit my warm skin tones :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm yeah for warm skin with warm undertones this could be an issue. I'm kind of cool/neutral so this shade looks perfect on me. I think you can go with green nail polish with shimmer or golden tones.

      Delete
  2. This minty fresh color looks amazing <3 <3

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty shade...I love this..:)May i know do you write blog for others. If u, can you write blog For Viviana (Cosmetics Brand). we provide you a beauty gift hamper from Viviana .if you are interested please contact me at this email id india.viviana@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Riya, I do not live in India right now but will sure ping you when I get back and we can talk then. Thanks for considering me to review your product. Would love to do it some day.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :) Let me know what you think about this post or my blog. I'd love to hear from you.