Himalaya Protein Shampoo Extra Moisturizing for Normal to Dry Hair Review

by - 11:18 AM

I bought this on my last trip to India as I was in a herbal phase and wanted to try something a little natural compared to all the non-herbal shampoos we normally get here. I found this in a pharmacy store and decided to give it a try. I've never had any good experiences with Himalaya products before but this was only 55 Rs ($1) so I thought, what have I gotta lose and a gal's gotta clean her hair.

This is what they claim, clearly shown on the back of the bottle.

The ingredients, also shown on the back.


The shampoo is a thick liquid runny in consistency. Its a peachy color and smells good but nothing too strong.
The packaging is really chic and pretty. But all the good things end here. The shampoo doesn't do much. Actually I don't even feel clean after using it. It makes my hair extra dry, and frizzy, and I experienced a slight amount of hair fall too which could or could not have been caused by this. Its not a moisturizing shampoo; its a dry shampoo. And whenever I apply oil, the shampoo almost doesn't work at all. It barely cleans anything. It does leave the hair smelling good for long but if I wanted to perfume my hair I'll use a hair spray, not a shampoo. I kept using it thinking that I might find results after using it for a few weeks but nothing happened. I completed the bottle a few days back but I'm never going to repurchase it. Like all other Himalaya products I used previously, this sucked too. I should have gone with my initial instinct.

If you're looking for something herbal, that doesn't break the bank, and a drying shampoo for the summer then you may try this. But if you already have dry hair then you must use a moisturizing conditioner after shampooing with this. Its not the worst shampoo ever but it just didn't do what it claimed as far as I'm concerned. Not for me.

Overall Rating: C-

Keep Smiling :)
xoxo

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. C- . .too bad . . it sounded promising by the name

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! that's how I got duped too.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :) Let me know what you think about this post or my blog. I'd love to hear from you.