Wet n Wild Mega Last Lipstick 906D Wine Room Review and Swatches

by - 11:54 AM

This is my 3rd lipstick that I mentioned in my lipstick haul. Its from one of my favorite drugstore brands Wet n Wild and the mega last lipsticks are their super pigmented semi-matte lipsticks that were launched last year. In this post I'm reviewing these lipsticks in general and swatch the shade 906D Wine Room.

This is how they look:

If you notice you can see that a part of the lipstick is outside the tube (I did not twist it up). I'm not sure how I like that since its good we can know the color exactly from the see-through cap but I feel that if it was inside the tube then each time I open the cap the lipstick wouldn't get smeared onto it by accident. But this is not a major issue as I'm usually careful with my lipsticks.

This is how they look when opened, and also a close up of the cap which shows the logo.

That is the entire amount of lipstick you'll get which is pretty good. I really liked the stick shape of the lipstick. If you can notice there is a little smear on it which I did not create, the product came that way. The product did have a proper tight seal which I removed (sorry I forgot to take a shot of it) and there is no way anybody in the store could have done it as it cannot be opened or swatched at store. So, I'm thinking it must have been caused while packaging the product by the manufacturer itself. This is the case with the other shade of this lipstick I got too. Hmm. I should've checked if the others in the store were like this too. Or maybe its my bad luck that I ended up with smeary caps. Anyways it isn't a major issue either since it is the color that is important.

This is how the lipstick looks up close:

You can see that its a nice pink shade, a little on the coral side. I chose this shade since its spring and I wanted something coral for spring and summer as well.

The bottom of the lipstick with the shade number:

These shades only come with numbers on their bottom with the sticker showing the shade color. I had to go to their website to get the shade name. The name must've been on the seal which I threw away.  The ingredients must've been on the wrapper too.

These are my nude lips after I exfoliated:

This is the shade on me in day/natural light:

This is how it looks in night light:

I applied the lipstick generously which means more than 2 swipes and usually 3 swipes if its sheer. The lipstick doesn't need more than 2 swipes. Its very pigmented and provides great coverage with a single swipe. The semi-matte texture dries up my extremely dry lips. But its nothing that cannot be solved by a lip balm. The lipstick feels very light and smooth on lips. It didn't settle into the cracks and lines, doesn't feather or bleed, and is not too cakey either no matter how many swipes you do. There is also a very light flowery scent which is not noticeable unless you put your nose close to it and smell. After application there was no scent at all. The shades however are long lasting and lasted on me for more than 6 hours. Even after the smooth texture wears off there is a heavy stain left behind which is very difficult to get rid of unless you use a makeup remover.

This is what they claim to do: (from their website wnwbeauty.com)
Lips take center stage! This 4-hour, longwearing lip color leaves a semi-matte, crème finish in one stroke. Glides on easily with rich, velvety color that doesn't cake, feather, or bleed. Made with hydrating skin-care ingredients: Hyaluronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, and natural marine plant extracts Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins A & E help smooth lips.

This shade is a nice cute pink and is perfect for summers and spring. It can be worn at day or night. It is definitely a wearable shade unless you don't like pink shades. I think the shade looks good on all skin tones.The best way is to apply it with a chapstick or a non shimmery lipgloss (unless you have moist lips) after exfoliating your lips. That way lips will not get dry easily and the color will be toned down too.

There's a very good amount of lipstick which is 0.11 oz/3.3 gm. for the price of $1.99 at CVS. I got it in a sale for $1.50. Its available at CVS, and Walgreens.

My final conclusions are that the mega last lipsticks are really pigmented and offer rich color and they definitely do what they claim to do and more, in a good way. For that price I think minor issues like packaging can be ignored. Anyways its the product that is important and not the packaging. I never fall for useless gimmicky packaging that I have to pay high prices for and then throw it in the dustbin after I use the product. And the packaging is not really that bad either.

This lipstick is probably my fave of all the four I bought and I would definitely recommend it to anybody who wants good coverage for their lips with long lasting color. The shades though really put your lips on center stage like they say, as they are rich in color and a little bit on the brighter side. So you might want to tone them down by blotting or applying them with lip balm. I would repurchase them too but this tube will probably last me a long time and I want to try other shades from this collection.

I hope this helps you decide whether to buy them or not.

Overall Rating: A

Keep Smiling :)
xoxo

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. lovely shade.......following u....if u like u can follow me back...http://cutenailstudio.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Puja :) Will definitely check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :) Let me know what you think about this post or my blog. I'd love to hear from you.