Clairol Herbal Essences Hydralicious Reconditioning Conditioner Review

by - 10:08 AM

I've been using the Clairol Herbal Essences Hydralicious Reconditioning Conditioner for Dry and Damaged Hair for a while now. This is how it looks.

You open it by pressing the dent on one side and it opens up like this.

The ingredients are clearly listed on the back.

And this is what they claim to do, also clearly given on the back of the bottle.

It sounds funny coz it feels like the shampoo is talking to us or something but I guess you get the point. It is a very hydrating conditioner which should work great for dry and damaged hair and it has shea butter extracts.

This is how the product looks, like any regular conditioner I guess. Its a white semi-solid and very creamy in texture. The formula is thick and moisturizing.


After using it for a few weeks, I can now say that it feels thick, creamy smooth and kinda greasy when applying it and glides down smoothly. It takes a lot of water to rinse off the creaminess/greasiness but I guess that's the point, it is supposed to be greasy and weigh down the hair in order to reduce the frizziness and dryness. But even after I rinsed the heck out of it when I used it the first time it still gave a nice shine to my hair (after I air dried it) and my curls were made to look soft and well groomed instead of frizzing up the usual way. And the smell is so good, it has a very appealing floral scent but it doesn't last very long. And you also do not need much product every time you use. It takes very little for my shoulder length hair. It is not required to wash it off much, you just have to rinse it 2 to 3 times. One problem though is, after using it for a few times, it gets a little difficult to get the product out; you have to press really hard and strain your hands to get the product out. This kind of sucks.

Its a very good amount of product you get (300 ml/10.1 oz) for the price of $4.29 at CVS. I got it in a combo sale for $3.33. In some sales you can also get it for $2.99. So I must say its a lot of product for such a less price. And it works as good as any high end product I guess although I have not used any so I cannot say that for real. It seriously works great on my hair which is extremely frizzy and dry and is proned to split ends.

I would definitely recommend this to anybody with dry scalp and frizzy hair. If you have an oily scalp this could make it more oily so its better to use it with a dry shampoo that washes out all the oil. I would definitely repurchase it once this bottle is over.

Hope this review helps you to decide whether to buy it or not.

Overall Rating: A--

Keep Smiling :)
xoxo

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Nice. Gives a comprehensive idea of the product. I might buy it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :) Let me know what you think about this post or my blog. I'd love to hear from you.