Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick: Temptation 285 Review and Swatches

by - 8:47 AM

This is another shade of the Covergirl lipsticks I bought. This is how it looks when opened.

This is the bottom of the shade showing the color, name and number.

I love how these shades show the color exactly and also tell us if they are shimmery. If you notice you can see a golden shimmer on it.
These are my bare/nude lips after I exfoliated them.

This is how the shade looks on me in day/natural light. I applied the lipstick generously on my lips.

This is how it looks in night light.

Honestly, I didn't like the shade that much on me. It has a lot of golden shimmer which makes the already bright shade look even more brighter and shiny. Why does an orange shade need shimmer? Its like I applied gold paint on top of an orange shade. And when I blot it the orange color fades leaving the shimmer behind.

If it wasn't for the shimmer I would have loved this shade on me. Its such a nice coraly orange and would have looked perfect for spring/summer for daily use. Now I can only see myself wearing this during evenings or night weddings/parties. I am looking for opaque lipsticks with good coverage and slightly bright colors to add to my collection but though this shade provides coverage it just makes my lips and overall face look pale.

The general review of the product is the same as you've read in the previous post. It lasts all day, its silky smooth and creamy. It makes lips feel soft and nice. Even after the creamy texture wears off it still leaves a nice stain.

I would not recommend this to anybody with the same lip pigmentation as mine. The shade would have looked better on someone with lighter or pinker lips. Its definitely not a shade for my skin tone either. Its good for spring/summer. Best use is for night time.

Did anyone else try this shade and have similar reactions?

Overall Rating:B++

Keep Smiling :)
xoxo

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for dropping by :) Let me know what you think about this post or my blog. I'd love to hear from you.